was a 2014 Republican
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
to represent the 1st Congressional District
Cheadle unsuccessfully sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 1st Congressional District of California in 2012.
Cheadle's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Energy: "The United States has fallen prey to being a slave to foreign oil. There was a time many years ago when foreign oil was very inexpensive and those from whom we purchased it were not at that time blowing up themselves and others for "religious" reasons. Today we are well on our way to importing 75 percent of the oil we consume."
- Healthcare: "National healthcare is unsustainable in this country largely because we have become a nation void of discipline. This lack of discipline has left us as a nation filled with gluttons, alcoholics, drug addicts (legal and illegal), (smokers and drinkers), many of whom are uninsured and/or unable or unwilling to pay for any of the healthcare they receive. The diseases that are plaguing us as a nation are diseases of luxury and are largely self-induced."
- Illegal immigration: "Illegal immigration has become a curse to this country. Our jails and prisons are filled with illegal aliens, many of whom are gang members, at a cost of billions of dollars per year. Ironically, an illegal alien in prison has health and dental care that many American citizens do not have."
- ObamaCare: "The propaganda used to promote ObamaCare centered on convincing the masses that it was the answer to the high cost of medical care. As we are finding out, ObamaCare is more about government control of the masses than anything else. If ObamaCare was such a great idea why were politicians bribed in a manner and we've never seen in the history of our country?"
- Jobs and the Economy: "What we are experiencing in the economy, high unemployment, loss of jobs, decreased hiring, etc., can be directly related to burdens imposed by three things – taxes, unions, and regulation."
—Gregory Cheadle's campaign website, http://www.cheadleforcongress.com/Cheadle4CongressWIStand.html
- See also: California's 1st Congressional District elections, 2014
Cheadle ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 1st District. Cheadle was defeated in the blanket primary on June 3, 2014.
|U.S. House, California District 1 Primary, 2014
Doug La Malfa Incumbent
|| Gregory Cheadle
|| Dan Levine
|Source: California Secretary of State
- See also: California's 1st Congressional District elections, 2012
Cheadle ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 1st District. He was defeated in the open primary on June 5, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Gregory + Cheadle + California + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Gregory Cheadle News Feed
- ↑ Around the Capitol, "Candidate List," accessed March 15, 2014
- ↑ Campaign website, "Issues," accessed April 14, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- ↑ The New York Times, "California Primary Results," June 3, 2014
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Unofficial election results," November 6, 2012