Gregory Holloway, Sr.
|Gregory Holloway, Sr.|
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 76|
|2000 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||14|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 2, 1999|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||Alcorn State University, 1979|
|Birthday||December 27, 1957|
|Religion||Church of Christ (Holiness)|
Holloway previously served as Director of Hazlehurst Parks & Recreation.
Holloway earned his B.A. in Political Science from Alcorn State University, and M.P.P.A. in Public Policy from Jackson State University.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Holloway served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Universities and Colleges, Vice Chair|
Note: Holloway also served on the Select Committee on Select Committee on Accountability, Efficiency and Transparency.
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Holloway served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Forestry, Chair|
|• Conservation and Water Resources|
|• Oil, Gas and Other Minerals|
|• Universities and Colleges|
On November 8, 2011, Holloway won re-election to District 76 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and was unchallenged in the November 8 general election.
On November 6, 2007, Holloway was re-elected in District 76, running unopposed.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 76 (2007)|
|Gregory Holloway, Sr. (D)||5,200||100.00%|
In 2011, Holloway received $5,250 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Gregory Holloway, Sr.'s campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Primary Healthcare Association||$250|
|Advance America Cash Advance||$250|
|Total Raised in 2011||$5,250|
|Total Votes received in 2011||6,536|
|Cost of each vote received||$0.8|
In 2007, Holloway collected $9,050 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Mississippi Consumer Finance Association||$1,500|
|Dill Jr., James F.||$1,000|
|Advance America Cash Advance||$500|
|Mississippi Bankers Association||$500|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
Holloway has been a member of the Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Mississippi Association of Housing Officers, NAACP, National Association of Student Affairs Professionals, National Selection Committee for Outstanding Young Men of America, and the Outstanding Young Men of America.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Gregory + Holloway + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Holloway
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Election Results," accessed March 23, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2007 Statewide Elections," accessed February 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2007 contributions to Gregory Holloway, Sr
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 76
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |