Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Washington State Senate, District 1|
|Bachelor's||Bentley University, 1995|
|Place of birth||Flushing, New York|
|Profession||Owner, Roscoes Ranch|
Palumbo's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Government Efficiency
- Excerpt: "Each newly elected Governor has the option to retain or replace the heads of each state department. This often becomes a decision based on politics rather than management skill and qualifications. The important job of keeping government running efficiently falls to these department heads."
- Excerpt: "As the state Supreme Court recently ruled in the McCleary case, we are not meeting our paramount duty as defined in the state constitution. I believe strongly that our educational system needs to be reformed and adapted to the 21st century and funding is central to that reform."
- Economic Development
- Excerpt: "The B&O tax is a tax on gross revenue that a business takes in. It is not a tax on net profits. A majority of new businesses don’t turn a profit for the first few years. But during this critical time when they are trying to grow into viable businesses they are paying taxes on every dollar in sales, in effect lengthening the span of time before struggling small business owners first realize a net profit."
- Money in Politics
- Excerpt: "It is no secret that Wall Street banks and big corporations hire teams of lobbyists to ensure the outcomes they want in Washington DC. These groups also fund our national elections through large campaign donations and now, Super PACs. What many people don’t realize is that the influence of money is also prevalent here in our state, just on a smaller scale. "
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2012
Palumbo ran in the 2012 election for Washington State Senate, District 1. Palumbo lost to incumbent Rosemary McAuliffe and Dawn McCravey in the August 7 blanket primary election. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington State Senate, District 1 Blanket Primary, 2012|
|Democratic||Rosemary McAuliffe Incumbent||44.3%||13,238|
Palumbo and his wife, Rena, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Guy + Palumbo + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.