|Massachusetts House of Representatives Second Essex|
|1995 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Associate's||College of William and Mary|
|Master's||Harvard University, 1982 and Boston University, 1974|
|Place of birth||Arlington, VA|
Stanley was a Managing Principal of The Hadley Group from 1990-1995. She has also been Vice President of the Public Finance Department of Prudential-Bache Capital Funding, Vice President/Manager of Transportation Finance Group for EBCO Securities Corporation, and Associate/Public Finance with Smith Barney, Harris Upham and Company.
Stanley is a member of the Star and Spindle Council/Board of Directors for the Girl Scouts of America, an instructor at New England Municipal Clerk's Institute and Academy, and a member of the Presentation of Mary Academy Board, Urban Mass Transportation Administration Public-Private Transportation Partnership, and the Merrimack Valley Economic Development Council Executive Committee.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Stanley served on the following committees:
- Bonding, Capital Expenditures and State Assets
- Global Warming and Climate Change
- Post Audit and Oversight
- Revenue Joint Committee
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Stanley served on the following committees:
Stanley did not run for re-election in 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives General Election, Second Essex District (2010)|
|Harriett Stanley (D)||9,800|
|Robert Finneran (R)||9,105|
On November 4, 2008, Stanley won re-election for the Massachusetts House of Representatives election for the Second Essex district. In this election she raised $20,514-; of that total $17,902- (97.8%) was from in state contributions and $400- (2.2%) was from out of state contributions.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives - Second Essex district|
|Harriett Stanley (D)||17,546|
In 2010, Stanley received $54,078 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Harriett Stanley's campaign in 2010|
|Chemaly, John P||$1,000|
|Massachusetts Democratic Party||$1,000|
|Massachusetts Chiropractic Society||$1,000|
|Retired Public Employees||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$54,078|
Stanley raised $20,514 in the 2008 election cycle.
Her major contributors are listed below.
|Alfred L. Arcidi||$1,000|
|John P. Chemaly||$650|
|Bank of America||$602|
|Massachusetts Dental Society||$500|
|Massachusetts Correction Officers Federated Union||$500|
|Alan D. Solomont||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Harriett + Stanley + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Harriett Stanley's personal website
- Massachusetts House of Representatives - Rep. Harriett Stanley
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2010,2008, 2006, 2004
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Stanley
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes For Massachusetts State Election - November 4, 2008," accessed March 18, 2014
- Follow the Money 2008
- Follow the Money, "Massachusetts 2010 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts House donor numbers
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Essex 2
| Succeeded by|
Leonard Mirra (R)
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |