Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|West Virginia State Senate, District 13|
|Party||American Freedom Party|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Bertram also ran unsuccessfully as an 2012 independent candidate for West Virginia House of Delegates, District 51, as well as for Governor of West Virginia in the 2011 elections, running with the American Third Position party.
Bertram is a U.S. Army veteran and a locomotive engineer.
Elections for the office of West Virginia State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 13, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014. Incumbent Robert Beach was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Kris Warner was unopposed in the Republican primary. Beach defeated Warner and Harry Bertram (American Freedom Party) in the general election.
|West Virginia State Senate District 13, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Bob Beach Incumbent||51.5%||12,055|
|American Freedom||Harry Bertram||3.3%||767|
West Virginia was not scheduled to hold a gubernatorial election until 2012. However, elected Democrat Joe Manchin gave up the governorship to join the U.S. Senate in the 2010 midterms. In West Virginia, the Senate President also acts as the Lieutenant Governor, leaving Senate President Earl Ray Tomblin (D) next in succession to the governorship.
In the special election held October 4, 2011, Democratic incumbent Earl Ray Tomblin defeated Republican Bill Maloney, Mountain Party candidate Bob Henry Baber, Independent candidate Marla Ingels, and American Third Position candidate Harry Bertram.
|Governor of West Virginia, 2011|
|Democratic||Earl Ray Tomblin Incumbent||49.6%||149,202|
|Mountain Party||Bob Henry Baber||2%||6,083|
|American Third Position||Harry Bertram||0.4%||1,111|
|Write-In||Donald Lee Underwood||0%||54|
|Write-In||John R. "Rick" Bartlett||0%||27|
|Election Results via West Virginia Secretary of State|
Harry Bertram ran unopposed in the May 2011 primary.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the terms "Harry Bertram West Virginia Senate."
- Some of the stories below may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of Google's news search engine.
State Executive elections
| Kentucky • Louisiana |
Mississippi • West Virginia
|Gubernatorial • Lt. Governor |
Attorney General • Secretary of State
Down ballot offices: (KY, LA, MS)
|News • Calendar|
- State executive official elections, 2011
- West Virginia state executive official elections, 2011
- West Virginia special gubernatorial election, 2011
- Gubernatorial elections, 2011
- Governor of West Virginia
- Earl Ray Tomblin
- West Virginia State Legislature
- West Virginia state legislative districts
The Internet Archive's Wayback Machine was used to recall this version of the website from December 7, 2011.
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed February 7, 2014
- Bertram 2011, "About," accessed version of page from September 18, 2011
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 18, 2014
- WBOY.com, "West Virginia General Election Results November 6, 2012" accessed November 7, 2012
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - General Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - Primary Election - May 8, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014