For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Chicago City Council, Ward 48|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||February 24, 2015|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 14|
|Place of birth||Chicago, Illinois|
While in the House, Osterman served on the following committees:
- Appropriations-Human Services (Vice Chair)
- Elementary & Secondary Education
- Financial Institutions
- Labor (Chair)
- Mass Transit
- Subcommittee on Charter Schools
The city of Chicago, Illinois held elections for city council on February 24, 2015. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was November 24, 2014. In Ward 48, incumbent Harry Osterman was unopposed.
Osterman won re-election to the 14th District Seat in 2010 with no opposition. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on February 2nd. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 14 (2010)|
|Harry Osterman (D)||21,432||100.0%|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 14 (2008)|
|Harry Osterman (D)||27,971|
|John Beacham (G)||4,745|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 14 (2006)|
|Harry Osterman (D)||19,333|
|James Batek (R)||2,166|
In 2008, Osterman collected $167,194 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Illinois Trial Lawyers Association||$5,750|
|Illinois Education Association||$5,500|
|Chicago Teachers Union||$4,500|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$4,000|
|Service Employees Illinois State Council||$3,250|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$3,000|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$2,500|
|Leonas Pizzaria Inc.||$2,154|
|5545 Clark LLC||$2,000|
|Illinois Life Insurance Council||$1,965|
|AFSCME Illinois Counsil 31||$1,650|
|Illinois Democratic Party||$1,500|
|Chicago Fire Fighters Local 2||$1,500|
|Food & Commercial Workers Local 881||$1,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Harry + Osterman + Chicago"
- All stories may not be relevant due to the nature of the search engine.
- 48th Ward, "About Harry," accessed on November 26, 2014
- Chicago Board of Election Commissioners, "2015 Election Calendar," accessed August 21, 2014
- Chicago Board of Election Commissioners, "General Election Candidate List," accessed on December 3, 2014
- Chicago Tribune, "Unofficial election results," accessed February 24, 2015
- Illinois Elections Division, "Illinois Official 2010 General Election Results," November 2, 2010
- Illinois Elections Division, "Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2008," November 4, 2008
- Illinois Elections Division, "Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2006," November 4, 2006
- Osterman Campaign Donors
|Chicago City Council, Ward 48
| Succeeded by|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 14
| Succeeded by|