|Texas State House, District 53|
|1989 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||24|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Texas Tech University|
Hilderbran works as Advertising Executive/Vice-President of Marketing for TRC Engineering Services, Incorporated. He has been a Congressional Legislative Assistant on Agriculture and Small Business Issues, and Assistant Director of State Affairs for the Texas Farm Bureau.
Hilderbran is a member of a number of organizations, including the National Rifle Association, Saint Peter's Church, Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association, Texas Sheep and Goat Raisers Association, and Texas Wildlife Association.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hilderbran served on the following committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• State Affairs|
|• Ways & Means, Chair|
Hilderbran served on the following Texas House of Representatives committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• State Affairs|
|• Ways & Means|
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• State Affairs|
|• Ways & Means|
- HB 1336 - Relating to the disclosure and increase of credit card interest rates and fees.
- HB 3832 - Relating to the requirements to become a candidate for public office; creating an offense.
- HB 3837 - Relating to a limitation on the amount of tuition charged by public institutions of higher education.
- HB 4255 - Relating to the protection of children by enforcing compulsory public school attendance requirements, ensuring reports of abuse or neglect, protecting children from abuse and neglect, and ensuring that births are reported and to the prosecution of the offense of bigamy; providing criminal penalties.
Hilderbran ran in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 53. Hilderbran defeated Cary Wise in the May 29 Republican primary election and was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives District 53 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Harvey Hilderbran Incumbent||72.2%||16,242|
| Texas House of Representatives, District 53 |
2010 General election results
|Harvey Hilderbran (R)||36,424||89.89%|
|Brian Holk (D)||4,093||10.10%|
On November 4, 2008, Hilderbran won re-election to the Texas House of Representatives from Texas's 53rd District, defeating Brian Holk (L). Hilderbran received 47,847 for his campaign while Holk received 5,983 votes. Hilderbran raised $161,362 for his campaign.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 53|
|Harvey Hilderbran (R)||47,847||88.88%|
|Brian Holk (L)||5,983||11.11%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Hilderbran raised a total of $229,661 in 2010. Below are Hilderbran's top 4 campaign contributors in the 2010 election:
|Texans for Economic Development||$5,000|
|Texas Association of Realtors||$5,000|
|Mr Tom/Hossein Meyer/Hagigholam-Mamacitas Partnership||$4,000|
|Ryan & Co||$4,000|
Below are Hilderbran's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Texas Assoc of Realtors||$12,500|
|Texas Deer Assoc||$8,752|
|Charles C Butt||$7,500|
|Farmers Insurance Group||$4,000|
Empower Texans Fiscal Responsibility Index
Empower Texans produces the Fiscal Responsibility Index as "a measurement of how lawmakers perform on size and role of government issues." The index uses "exemplar votes on core budget and free enterprise issues that demonstrate legislators' governing philosophy." Legislators are graded along a standard grading scale, receiving grades A through F based on their performance during the legislative session.
Harvey Hilderbran received a grade of C+ on the 2011 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
- Texas House of Representatives - Rep. Hilderbran
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
- Freedom Speaks profile
- Texas State Directory profile
- Texas Political Almanac HD 53 page
- Texas Tribune profile & bio
- Vote-TX.org profile
- State Surge profile
- Harvey Hilderbran on Facebook
- Harvey Hilderbran on Twitter
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Hilderbran
- ↑ Texas Legislature - Bills Authored/Joint Authored by Rep. Hilderbran
- ↑ Texas GOP list of candidates for 2012 Elections
- ↑ Office of the (Texas) Secretary of State, "Race Summary Report," accessed July 12, 2012
- ↑ Official Texas Election Results
- ↑ Texas House official election results for 2008
- ↑ District 53 Texas House candidate funds, 2008
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- ↑ Empower Texans, "Fiscal Responsibility Index"
|Texas House District 53
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
Public Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Texas school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Texas school districts M - Z |