|Delaware House of Representatives District 2|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
- Corrections Committee
- Housing & Community Affairs Committee
- Judiciary Committee
- Labor Committee (Chair)
Plant's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 17 - "This Act is the first leg of a Constitutional Amendment which eliminates the existing five-year waiting period before eligible felons who have fully discharged their sentences may have their voting rights restored."
- HB 18 - "compromise and balancing the competing interests of employers and employees.."
- HB 129 - "Construction Industry Independent Contractor Act."
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Plant ran for re-election to the 2nd District seat in 2010. She was defeated in the September 14 primary election by Stephanie Bolden by a margin of 676-645. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
On November 4, 2008, Plant won re-election to the Delaware House of Representatives from Delaware's 2nd District, defeating Robert Brown (I). Plant received 5,729 votes in the election, while Brown received 349 votes. Plant raised $20,765 for her campaign; Brown raised $625.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 2|
|Hazel Plant (D)||5,729||94.3%|
|Robert E. Brown (I)||349||5.7%|
Below are Plant's top five campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|DE Democratic Party||$1,200|
|Carpenters Local 326||$600|
|Carpenters & Joiners Local 626||$600|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Hazel + Plant + Delaware + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware State Legislature
- Delaware House of Representatives
- Delaware House Committees
- Delaware state legislative districts
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
- Freedom Speaks profile
|Delaware House District 2
| Succeeded by|