The Medicaid, Health and Human Services Committee (formerly, the Health, Human Services and Aging Committeeis a standing committee of the Ohio State Senate.
Per the Senate Rules, committees of the Ohio State Senate are appointed by the President of the Senate. The rules do not give a specific date to which committees are assigned but committee appointments occur after the organization of the Senate. The President shall appoint a chair and vice-chair of each standing committee as well as a ranking minority member. The Minority Leader can recommend minority membership and a ranking minority member for each committee. The President can be substituted as a voting member on any standing committee. The Minority Leader shall be an ex-officio nonvoting member of each committee, and at the Minority Leader's request, the President can substitute for the Minority Leader as a voting member on any committee.
A majority of members in a committee is considered quorum.
See rules: Rules of the Senate
||The Senate Medicaid, Health and Human Services Committee reviews legislation pertaining to the Medicaid and health care industries in Ohio, which encompasses urgent care centers, out-of-pocket co-payment and traditional fee-for-service systems. In addition, the committee makes recommendations to the full Senate for the advice and consent of governor's appointments to the director's position of the Ohio Department of Health, members of the Ohio State Medical Board, the Dental Board, the Nursing Board, the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy, and the Ohio Board of Dietetics.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ohio General Assembly, "Rules of the Senate," accessed January 29, 2014(Rule 19)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Ohio General Assembly, "Rules of the Senate," accessed January 29, 2014(Rule 20)
- ↑ Ohio General Assembly, "Rules of the Senate," accessed January 29, 2014(Rule 23)
- ↑ Ohio State Senate, "About the Committee," accessed January 29, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.