Hector Ramirez (New York)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly, District 86|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
He ran unsuccessful as a 2013 Democratic candidate in the special election for District 86 of the New York State Assembly. Ramirez ran as a Working Families Party candidate for District 86 of the New York State Assembly in 2010.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New York State Assembly will consist of a primary election on September 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. Incumbent Victor Pichardo will face Hector Ramirez in the Democratic primary, while Rene Santos is unopposed in the Republican primary. Jose Marte is running on the Conservative Party ticket. Pichardo is also running on the Working Families Party ticket.
Ramirez ran in a special election for New York State Assembly District 86. The seat was vacant following Rep. Nelson Castro's (D) resignation amidst a bribery scandal. Ramirez was defeated by Victor Pichardo (D) in the open primary on September 10.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Ramirez lost in the Democratic primary, but he was uncontested in the September 14 Working Families Party primary. Ramirez was defeated by incumbent Nelson Castro (D) in the general election on November 2.
|New York State Assembly, District 86 2010|
|Nelson Castro (D)||7,613|
|Hector Ramirez (WF)||1,698|
|Rene Santos (R)||324|
|Lisa Campbell (C)||199|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Hector + Ramirez + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- New York State Assembly District 86
- New York State Assembly elections, 2014
- New York State Legislature
- newyork.cbslocal.com, "State Assembly - District 86 - Dem Primary," September 10, 2013
- New York Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List," accessed August 8, 2014
- nydailynews.com, "Gov. Cuomo opts against special election for open Bronx Assembly seat," April 26, 2013
- vote.nyc.ny.us, "Official Democratic primary results," accessed December 11, 2013
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |