Help:Image description page
|Glossary of terms|
|Edit review process|
The purpose of the pages is to provide information about the file, such as:
- Who uploaded the file
- Any modifications that may have been made
- A description of the file's subject or context.
- Where the file is used
- License and copyright information.
- All image description pages must include copyright information.
- This includes the author, the file's source and the file's license. All files must either be freely licensed or suitable for "fair use".
- Choose the most appropriate tag from image copyright tags.
- Be aware that the copyright holder (the original creator of the file, their employer, or an official designee), not the uploader, decides on the licensing for the image, and that "fair use" of non-free files has a specific definition.
- Read Ballotpedia:Copyrights, image use policy, fair use guideline, and image copyright tags for information about what images are acceptable to upload.