Henning B. Larsen
|Washington House of Representatives, District 23b|
Larsen's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Balancing the Budget and Taxes
- Excerpt: "Washington faces serious budget shortfalls that need to be addressed, but we must be careful in how we choose to deal with these problems. We can not balance the budget at the expense of education, or at the expense of vital services and programs that Washington families depend on."
- Excerpt: "All too often legislators look at education as a budgetary problem rather than an economic solution. A quality K-12 and college education benefits not just the individual but the whole society."
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Excerpt: "Residents of the 23rd legislative district are in a unique position to understand how important funding for transportation and infrastructure is. The typical resident of the 23rd may find themselves driving on a highway, crossing a bridge, riding the bus, and catching a ferry all in a single day! "
- Collective Bargaining Rights
- Excerpt: "We live in a time of unparalleled corporate power. The strongest and best balance to that power is the employee union. The right to unionize and collectively bargain is essential to the protection of the rights of the working class. If elected, employee unions, both public and private, will have a strong advocate in the state house."
- Marriage Equality
- Excerpt: "I support the rights of gay and lesbian couples to marry and enjoy the full rights of those marriages 100%. I will stongly oppose any attempts in our state to define marriage as between a man and a woman only. "
|Washington State House of Representatives, District 23b Blanket Primary, 2012|
|Democratic||Drew Hansen Incumbent||52.7%||17,377|
|Republican||James M. Olsen||40.4%||13,334|
|Democratic||Henning B. Larsen||6.9%||2,278|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Henning + Larsen + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |