For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|South Carolina State Senate District 12|
|High school||James F. Byrnes High School|
|Master's||Johns Hopkins University|
Thompson ran in the 2012 election for South Carolina State Senate District 12. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 12. The general election took place on November 6, 2012, where Thompson was defeated.
|South Carolina State Senate, District 12, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Lee Bright Incumbent||64.4%||28,724|
Note: Henri Thompson was also on the ballot as a Working Families Party candidate, and won 1,367 of his vote total on this ticket.
Thompson seeks to increase government accountability, ethics, and transparency, as well as support and strengthen education. He also states that he supports a smarter and simpler government.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Henri + Thompson + South Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- AP.org, "South Carolina State Senate and State House Election Results" accessed November 7, 2012
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "2012 Candidates," accessed April 25, 2012
- South Carolina State Election Commission, “2012 General Election – Official Results,” November 19, 2012
- Henrithompson.com, "About," accessed October 19, 2012 (dead link)