|Former candidate for|
|Maine House of Representatives, District 40|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Maine House of Representatives District 119|
|1989 - 1997, 2002 - 2010|
|Profession||Adjunct Faculty, University of Southern Maine|
Adams is a former Democratic member of the Maine House of Representatives. He represented the 119th District from 1989-1997 and from 2002-2010. Adams was ineligible to run under Maine's term limits. Adams ran in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 119.
Adams is a Adjunct Faculty member at the University of Southern Maine. He previously worked as Register of Probate for Cumberland County, Instructor in the VSM Adult Education Division, and is an author and journalist.
Adams is co-founder of the Parkside Neighborhood Association, and a member of the Maine People's Alliances, and Maine Historical Society.
Prior to leaving the legislature, Adams served on the following committees:
- Marine Resources
- Select Committee on Joint Rules
- Select Committee on Maine's Energy Future
- Utilities and Energy
Elections for the office of Maine House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the general election was September 22, 2014. Herbert Adams was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Mark Lockman was unopposed in the Republican primary. District 119 incumbent Benjamin Chipman (I) defeated Adams and Lockman in the general election.
|Maine House of Representatives District 40, General Election, 2014|
|Independent||Benjamin Chipman Incumbent||55%||1,567|
Adams ran in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 119. Adams ran unopposed in the June 12 Democratic primary on June 12, 2012, and was defeated by incumbent Benjamin Chipman (I) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 119, General Election, 2012|
|Independent||Benjamin Chipman Incumbent||54.2%||1,904|
Herbert Adams raised $4,830 for his campaign.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 119|
|Herbert Adams (D)||2,245|
|Daniel Jenkins (G)||887|
|Ryan Hendrickson (R)||350|
In 2008 Herbert Adams collected $4,830 in donations.
His largest contributor in 2008 was:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Herbert + Adams + Maine + House"
- All stories may not be reevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine House of Representatives
- Maine House of Representatives District 40
- Maine House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine House of Representatives - Rep. Herbert Adams
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
- Maine Secretary of State, Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Candidate List," April 4, 2014
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Adams
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," June 2, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "General Election - November 4, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maine Secretary of State, "2012 Candidate List," accessed May 14, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State, "Tabulations for Elections held in 2012," accessed March 19, 2014
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2008 State House Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Follow the Money's report on Adams' 2008 campaign contributions
- 2008 contributors to Herbert Adams
|Maine House of Representatives District 119
| Succeeded by|
Benjamin Chipman (I)
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |