Hidalgo County, Texas
Last rated on Jan. 10, 2012
- The names and contact information for all county commissioners are provided.
- County commissioner meeting agendas and minutes are published.
- Audit reports are published.
- The current budget is published.
- Information on contracts is provided.
- Tax information is provided.
- Names and contact information for administrative officials is provided.
- There is a procedure for requesting public records.
- Information on building permits is provided.
- There is no information on zoning.
- There is no information on lobbying.
Rep. Kino Flores was convicted failing to disclose campaign finances to the state. He faces a maximum fine of $68,000 or serving for up to two years in prison. Flore was known as "Mr. Ten Percent" for demanding that cut when approving local contracts.
- Hidalgo County website
- Hidalgo County Clerk
- Hidalgo County Appraisal District (dead link)
- Hidalgo Criminal District Attorney
- Public Records Directory - Hidalgo County
- Hidalgo County on E-Reference