Holli High Woodings
|Holli High Woodings|
|Running for Idaho Secretary of State|
|Date of primary||May 20, 2014|
|Idaho House of Representatives District 19B|
|December 1, 2012-Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||English, Boise State University|
|Place of birth||Eugene, OR|
|Profession||Public relations professional|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Woodings served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Human Resources|
|• Environment, Energy, and Technology|
|• State Affairs|
- See also: Idaho secretary of state election, 2014
Woodings is running for election to the office of Idaho Secretary of State in 2014. She is unopposed in the Democratic primary, and will automatically advance to the general election. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Woodings won election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 19B. Woodings defeated Andy C. Edstrom and Brad Goodsell in the Democratic primary on May 15, 2012 and defeated Don Howard (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 19B, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Holli High Woodings||65.7%||14,378|
|Idaho House of Representatives District 19B Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Holli High Woodings||56.4%||1,636|
|Andy C. Edstrom||5%||145|
2012 Campaign themes
Woodings's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excellence in Education
- Excerpt: "Our communities and businesses deserve citizens with world-class education. We need to work together to develop good solutions to reform Idaho’s education system and make the important investment to support our students, teachers and school districts so that our students can achieve excellence."
- Smart Energy
- Excerpt: "Let’s grow our economy and create good-paying jobs, while preserving the best things in our state for our children and grandchildren. When coupled with our abundant small and large hydropower, development of energy efficiency, solar, geothermal, wind, biomass and biofuels will put Idahoans back to work and clean up our energy portfolio."
- Fairness for Women
- Excerpt: "Women deserve fair opportunities in school and the workplace, and to make their own reproductive decisions. And while we might not all agree on how those decisions should be made or what outcomes should result, I do know that it’s not the role of government to make those important decisions for women. I pledge to be an outspoken and visible advocate for women’s rights, fairness in the workplace, and access to reproductive care."
- Accountable Leadership
- Excerpt: "Any business owner can tell you – you have to have people you can trust minding the store. People who know their customer. People who know the value of a dollar and how to provide the very best service in the most efficient way. And you know what? That’s what good government is too. We deserve to know that our dollar is being invested to provide the biggest benefit for our present and our future, not spent for political reasons."
Comprehensive donor information for Woodings is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Woodings raised a total of $29,515 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 12, 2013.
|Holli High Woodings's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Idaho House, District 19B||$29,515|
|Grand Total Raised||$29,515|
2012Woodings won election to the Idaho House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Woodings raised a total of $29,515.
|Idaho House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Holli High Woodings's campaign in 2012|
|Meyer, Karen A.||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$29,515|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Idaho Freedom Index
The Idaho Freedom Foundation, an Idaho-based, nonprofit educational research institute, released its "Idaho Freedom Index" in 2013. The index intended to show how Idaho legislators voted on the principles the Foundation seeks to promote. It measured each state legislator based on two tiers, which include whether legislators voted for or against bills that would create or eliminate government agencies, programs, and regulations, and bills that would impact the free market in a positive or negative way. Scores ranged from the highest possible score for members of the state Senate (194 points) and for members of the state House (180 points). A higher score indicated that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Foundation. Woodlings received a score of -68 points in the 2013 index, ranking 62nd out of 70 members of the Idaho House of Representatives that were evaluated for the study.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Holli + Woodings + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho Secretary of State
- Idaho secretary of state election, 2014
- Idaho House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Idaho State Legislature
- Idaho state legislative districts
- Rep. Woodings' website
- Campaign Website
- Holli High Woodings on Facebook
- Profile from Open States
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Holli Woodings for Secretary of State 2014 Official campaign website, "Homepage," accessed February 2, 2014
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed April 6, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed 6 July 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, "November 6, 2012 General Election Results," accessed December 27, 2012
- Holli High Woodings, "Values," accessed October 15, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Woodings, Holli High," accessed December 12, 2013
- Idaho Freedom Foundation, "2013 Freedom Index," accessed August 19, 2013
Brian Cronin (D)
|Idaho House of Representatives District 19B
| Succeeded by|
State of Idaho
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Lands | Director of Labor | Public Utilities Commission |