Holly J. Mitchell
|Holly J. Mitchell|
|California State Assembly District 54|
|December 6, 2010-Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms (6 years)|
|Place of birth||Los Angeles, California|
|Profession||CEO/President, Crystal Stairs|
Her professional experience includes working as a policy analyst for Senator Diane Watson of the California State Senate, a legislative advocate for the Western Center on Law and Poverty, an executive director for the Black Women's Health Project, and the CEO/President of Crystal Stairs.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Mitchell served on the following committees:
|California Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Public Safety|
|• Emergency Management|
|• Legislative Budget|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Mitchell served on these committees:
|California Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Accountability and Administrative Review|
|• Legislative Budget|
|• Public Safety|
Mitchell's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Holly J. Mitchell knows firsthand how hard, tough and brutal our economic recession has been on working families. Her work with Crystal Stairs has brought her face-to-face with working parents struggling to care for their children while they fight to hang on to their jobs or search for new employment after having been laid off."
- Excerpt: "Holly J. Mitchell knows that health and medical care can be the most expensive services working families pay for in the 54th Assembly District. She knows that are large percentage of working families are presently priced out of the health insurance market, at a time when insurance companies are raising healthcare premiums for many families and small businesses. "
- Public Safety
- Excerpt: "Holly J. Mitchell holds our police officers and Sheriff’s deputies in the highest regard for their professionalism, unwavering dedication to their sworn duty to protect and serve our community, and their willingness to put their lives on the line everyday to keep our communities and neighborhoods safe."
- Excerpt: "Holly J. Mitchell supports classroom teachers in their mission to educate our children."
- Excerpt: "Holly J. Mitchell knows that state and local leaders can work together with business and labor to create jobs and protect the environment at the same time. She knows that our community can’t give up clean air and clean water to create new jobs. Holly believes we must demand both – a healthy economy that fosters employment opportunities while protecting our community’s environment."
Mitchell won re-election in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 54. She was displaced from her current district by redistricting. She advanced past the June 5, 2012, blanket primary, defeating Ed Nicoletti (D). Mitchell defeated Keith Brandon McCowen (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 54, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Holly J. Mitchell Incumbent||83.3%||143,530|
|Republican||Keith Brandon McCowen||16.7%||28,688|
|California State Assembly, District 54 Blanket Primary, 2012|
|Democratic||Holly J. Mitchell Incumbent||70.9%||33,920|
|Republican||Keith Brandon McCowen||17.4%||8,350|
Mitchell defeated Robert L. Jones, Reggie Jones-Sawyer, Rafael Garcia-Rangel and Ed Nicoletti in the June 8 primary election. She then defeated Republican Lady Cage and Libertarian Sean P. McGary in the November 2 general election.
|California State Assembly, District 47 General Election (2010)|
|Holly J. Mitchell (D)||93,541|
|Lady Cage (R)||17,195|
|Sean P. McGary (L)||5,305|
|California House of Representatives, District 47 Democratic Primary (2010)|
|Holly J. Mitchell (D)||15,630|
|Reggie Jones-Sawyer (D)||13,238|
|Ed Nicoletti (D)||2,523|
|Robert L. Jones (D)||2,482|
|Rafael Garcia-Rangel (D)||1,618|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Mitchell raised $718,614 in contributions. 
Her three largest contributors were:
|California Teachers Association||$15,600|
|California Nurses Association/National Nurses Organizing Cmte||$11,700|
|California Dental Association||$10,300|
Mitchell is single and has one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Holly + Mitchell + California + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Capitol Alert: AM Alert: Immigrant Day rally comes to Sacramento - Fresno Bee
- Calif.'s proposed moratoriums might not apply to other drilling in Monterey ... - Environment & Energy Publishing
- Legislative analyst sees $3.2 billion more in California revenues than Governor - 89.3 KPCC (blog)
- California Fracking Ban: Golden State Moratorium On Controversial Practice ... - Huffington Post
- Three Fracking Moratorium Bills Win Key Vote in California Legislature - Center for Biological Diversity (press release)
- Searching for Genetic Causes of Autism in African American Children - PRWeb - PR Web (press release)
- Brown, Democrats At Odds Over Medi-Cal, Indigent Care Funding - California Healthline
- Budget Revision May Bring Medi-Cal Expansion to a Head - California Healthline
- Legislative shuffling continues next week - The San Luis Obispo Tribune
- Three fracking moratorium bills pass Assembly Resources Committee - Bay Area Indymedia
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Holly Mitchell's campaign website
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Twitter feed
- YouTube channel
Bonnie Lowenthal (D)
|California State Assembly District 54
| Succeeded by|
Karen Bass (D)
|California Assembly District 47
| Succeeded by|
Cheryl Brown (D)