House Majority PAC
|House Majority PAC|
The mission of the organization listed on its official Facebook page reads:
"House Majority PAC's mission is to help Democrats regain and hold U.S. House seats by competing with the outside groups on the Right and working with progressive allies."
According to the Sunlight Foundation, the House Majority PAC spent $30,752,440 on the 2012 elections. Of those funds, 54.38 percent achieved the desired result, based on Sunlight Foundation analysis.
As of May 23, 2012, House Majority PAC had raised $5,890,789 and spent $3,967,110; of that spending, $3,085,204 was in independent expenditures.
The PAC announced on July 10 that its second-quarter 2012 receipts totaled $4.3 million.
In October 2012, the PAC announced $8.4 million of ads in nine states targeted Republican candidates. The nine states are Arizona, Indiana, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Virginia, Ohio, Connecticut, and Nevada.
According to Open Secrets.org, the House Majority PAC has spent a grand total of $1,798,141 as of April 10, 2012 on the U.S. House elections. All of the spending has been against Republican candidates.
Details of that spending can be seen in the chart below.
|Charles Bass||New Hampshire||Incumbent||$68,831|
|Ann Marie Buerkle||New York||Incumbent||$6,694|
|Jane Corwin||New York||Challenger||$373,566|
|Bob Turner||New York||Incumbent||$163,412|
The top 5 donors to the House Majority PAC as of April 10, 2012 are as follows.
|International Assn of Fire Fighters||$250,000|
|Service Employees International Union||$235,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "House + Majority + PAC"
- All stories may not be relevant to this organization due to the nature of the search engine.
- House Majority PAC Discloses Donors, First Major Super PAC To Do So In 2013 - Huffington Post
- House Majority PAC raises , hits Sanford - Downtowers head out for WHCD ... - Politico (blog)
- House Majority PAC, DCCC Add To Attacks On Sanford; MA Holds Senate ... - National Journal
- How Democrats Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Super PAC - The Atlantic
- Democratic super PAC hits Sanford as he goes after Colbert Busch - Washington Post (blog)
- Super PAC Launches First Sanford Attack Ad in SC Race - Independent Voter Network
- Sheldon Adelson-Backed Super PAC's Funds Boost Georgia Nonprofit - Huffington Post
- Jubilee Takes Control of Key House Committees - AllAfrica.com
- IRS Probe Ignored Most Influential, Wealthiest Political Groups - CBS Local
- Zogby, Rasmussen give Obama an 'F' for week; 'Are locusts next?' - BizPac Review
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Official Website "Accessed April 10, 2012
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 House Majority PAC "Facebook Page," Accessed April 10, 2012
- ↑ Sunlight Foundation "Outside spenders' return on investment," November 14, 2012
- ↑ Open Secrets "2012 PAC Summary Data," July 9, 2012
- ↑ House Majority PAC "House Majority PAC announces $4.3 million second quarter fundraising haul," July 10, 2012
- ↑ Majority PAC 2012 "EXPANDING THE SENATE MAP, MAJORITY PAC LAUNCHES $8.4 MILLION, NINE-STATE CAMPAIGN," October 2012
- ↑ Open Secrets, "House Majority PAC Independent Expenditures," Accessed April 10, 2012
- ↑ Open Secrets "Top donors to House Majority PAC," Accessed April 10, 2012
- ↑ The Fiscal Times "Key Democratic Donors Turned Off by PAC Tactics," April 8, 2012