|Michigan State Senate District 37|
|January 1, 2011 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
|Michigan House of Representatives|
|2002 – 2008|
|Traverse City School Board|
|1996 – 1998|
|Bachelor's||Michigan Technological University|
|Birthday||December 12, 1954|
Before his election to the legislature, Howard owned a land surveying business, and enjoyed a career in the oil and gas industries.
Walker graduated from Michigan Technological University with a degree in Forestry.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Walker served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Energy and Technology|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Walker served on these committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Energy and Technology|
- See also: Michigan State Senate elections, 2010
|Michigan State Senate, District 37 General election (2010)|
|Howard Walker (R)||62,697|
|Bob Carr (D)||34,122|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Walker raised $223,872 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Michigan Chamber Of Commerce||$6,000|
|Kahn Leadership Fund||$5,000|
|Fund For A Republican Majority||$4,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Howard + Walker + Michigan + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Senate passes bill to bypass wolf hunt referendum - Petoskey News-Review
- Grand Valley students toss their caps in Traverse City - UpNorthLive.com
- Long-simmering GOP-MEA 'war' intensifies over a handful of key issues - MLive.com
- Retired military leaders call for more investment in Michigan early education ... - MLive.com
- IRS Apologizes For Targeting Conservative Groups In 2012 Election - Huffington Post
- Phillies blow lead, fall to Pirates - Press of Atlantic City
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Howard Walker received a 66% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
Walker currently resides in Grand Traverse County with his wife Dianne, and daughter.
- Howard Walker for State Senate 2010
- Senate website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
|Michigan State Senate District 37
| Succeeded by|