Headquartered in Marburg, Germany, IRI Europe also has offices in Brussels, Belgium and Bülach, Switzerland.
In 2008, IRI Europe produced a 258-page "Guidebook to Direct Democracy in Switzerland and Beyond."
In 2010, IRI Europe is sponsoring a Briefing Tour to Switzerland for American direct democracy opinion leaders, journalists and election administrators.
IRI Europe has sponsored two global forums on direct democracy. The first was in Aarau, Switzerland in October 2008. The second was in Seoul, Korea in September 2009.
A third global conference is planned for San Francisco from August 2-4, 2010. This conference takes "Constitution Making and Direct Democracy" as its theme. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Gavin Newsom have been invited as keynote speakers.
- Bruno Kaufmann, Falun/Sweden (President)
- Zoë Felder, Marburg/Germany (Head of Office)
- Adrian Schmid, Lucerne/Switzerland (Treasurer/Media Relations)
- Martin Bühler, Bülach/Switzerland (Secretary General)
- Carsten Berg, Brussels/Belgium (Representative to the EU/Media Relations)
- MP Andreas Gross, St.Ursanne/Switzerland (Research Director)
- Rolf Büchi, Helsinki/Finland (Educational Secretary)
- M Dane Waters, Birmingham/US (Chairman IRI US)
- Benjamin Ewert, Giessen/Germany (Political Scientist)
- Lukas Jaggi, Bern/Switzerland (Editor/Web Project Manager)
- Nils Ehlers, Berlin/Germany (Political Scientist)
- MP Heidi Hautala, Helsinki/Finland (Councillor)
- Paul Carline, Edinburgh/Scotland (Language Editor)
- Initiative & Referendum Institute
- IRI Asia
- Direct democracy
- 2010 Global Forum on Modern Direct Democracy