|U.S. Senate, Arizona|
|Place of birth||Bremerton, WA|
Gilyeat's campaign website listed the following issues:
- The Role of Government
- Excerpt: "The role of government must be the protection of life, property and the free exercise of conscience. This anchor position guides my thinking and decision making processes in all debates as to what government should or should not do."
- The Economy
- Excerpt: "The greatest economic stimulus package we can unleash is the creativity, ingenuity and free enterprise of the American worker. We all recognize that free enterprise creates jobs because it is driven by the motivation for profit – profit that creates cash flow, property ownership and private investment. "
- Health Care Reform
- Excerpt: "I am opposed to health care reform as it has been defined and pushed through the Congress. I am opposed to a Federal mandate that requires citizens to purchase health care from the government or government appointed insurance companies. I am opposed to the so called “public option”."
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "I believe in limited government and a balanced budget. We can only maintain our freedom and strength when we live within our means. This is as true for governments as it is for individuals and corporations. Although I recognize the proper use of debt, we must also acknowledge the destructive powers of interest when it is working against us and the consequences that are brought upon our country by too much debt."
- Excerpt: "I am in favor of taxes – the simpler the better. Unfortunately, today’s tax laws are dead weight to the economy and detract from designing, manufacturing and producing goods and services that can be sold to each other and to other nations. Instead of productive efforts that create wealth we struggle under the burdens of a tax code that is overwhelming and unfairly stacked in favor of special interest groups."
Gilyeat has nine children and five grandchildren with his wife, Jan. They live in Gilbert, Arizona.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Ian + Gilyeat + Arizona + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found