Idaho 2002 ballot measures
initiatives out of five made it to the ballot. All of these are initiated on state statutes, as Idaho does not allow citizen initiated constitutional amendments. Both 2001 and 2002 saw no constitutional amendments proposed by the legislature.
- Through 2000, 25 initiatives have appeared on the Idaho ballot since 1938 when the process began.
- In 2002, two initiatives made the ballot, bringing the historical total to 27.
On the ballot
|CISS||Proposition 1||Gambling||Clarifying public policy regarding Indian gaming|
|VR||Proposition 2||Term limits||Enact ballot access restrictions that will have the practical effect of imposing term limits|
Not on the ballot
|CISS||Grand Jury for Judges Actions (2002)||Judicial||An Initiative Creating A Special Grand Jury With Statewide Jurisdiction In Order To Review Every Judges' Actions And Decisions.||Proponents did not file qualifying signatures|
|CISS||Citizen Wildlife Advisory Council (2002)||Environment||Initiative amending Idaho Code § 36-102 to reduce number of commissioners, amend Governor's removal authority and create citizen Wildlife Advisory Council.||Proponents did not file qualifying signatures|
|CISS||Term Limits Initiative (2002)||Term Limits||Initiative establishing term limits for elected state executive office holders and state legislators through ballot access restrictions.||Proponents did not file qualifying signatures|
- Idaho signature requirements
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in Idaho
- Laws governing the initiative process in Idaho
- List of Idaho ballot measures
- 2002 ballot measures
- 2002 Election Results from the Secretary of State
- 2002 Proposed Ballot Initiatives and Referendum from the Secretary of State