Idaho Secretary of State election, 2010

From Ballotpedia
Jump to: navigation, search
SOS badge.jpg
Secretary of State 2010 elections
AlabamaArizonaArkansasCalifornia
ColoradoConnecticutGeorgiaIdaho
IllinoisIndianaIowaKansas
MassachusettsMichiganMinnesota
NebraskaNevadaNew MexicoNorth Dakota
OhioRhode IslandSouth Carolina
South DakotaVermontWisconsinWyoming

Candidates for Secretary of State, 2010


Polls, 2010 Secretary of State elections

2010 Election information
Primary election dates
Statewide elections, 2010
November 2nd General Election results

National Association of Secretaries of State


Secretary of State Project

State Executive Official news headlines
In the Idaho Secretary of State election of 2010, held on November 2, 2010, Republican incumbent Ben Ysursa easily defeated Democratic challenger Mack Sermon. Ysursa captured 74.3% of the vote, with the remaining 25.7% cast for Sermon.

Neither candidate was opposed in the May 25th primary election.

Race tracker

Ballotpedia predicted a Republican would become Idaho's new Secretary of State.

2010 Ballotpedia Race Rankings for Idaho Secretary of State
Race Tracker Race Rating
Ballotpedia Likely Republican
Overall Call Likely Republican

General election

Results

Idaho Secretary of State, 2010
Party Candidate Vote % Votes
     Republican Green check mark transparent.pngBen Ysursa Incumbent 74.3% 326,453
     Democratic Mack Sermon 25.7% 113,164
Total Votes 439,617
Election Results Via: Idaho Secretary of State

Endorsements

Ben Ysursa

  • Communications Workers of America (CWA)[1]
  • Idaho Statesman, local newspaper[2]
  • Mountain Home News, local newspaper[3]

Finances

According to the Idaho Secretary of State's Office, as of July 13, 2010, here is the breakdown of campaign finances for each of the candidates:

Mack Sermon Campaign Finance Reports
Report Date Filed Beginning Balance Contributions In-Kind [4] Other Sources Expenditures Cash on Hand
June 5 - September 30, 2010[5] October 8, 2010 $1,013.95 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $1,013.95
May 18 - June 24, 2010[6] June 24, 2010 $1,013.95 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $1,013.95
Ben Ysursa Campaign Finance Reports
Report Date Filed Beginning Balance Contributions In-Kind [4] Other Sources Expenditures Cash on Hand
June 5 - September 30, 2010[7] October 8, 2010 $39,873.15 $31,463.00 $4,850.00 $0.00 $22,759.72 $47,621.45
May 10 - June 4, 2010[8] June 9, 2010 $40,180.42 $88.90 $0.00 $0.00 $1,351.15 $38,918.17

May 25, 2010 primaries

Donkey symbol.png Democratic primary

Candidates

  • Mack Sermon, Director of the Speech and Debate program at The College of Idaho, ran unopposed in this contest

Finances

According to the Idaho Secretary of State's Office, as of May 10, 2010, here is the breakdown of Sermon's campaign finances:

Mack Sermon Campaign Finance Reports
Report Date Filed Beginning Balance Contributions In-Kind [4] Other Sources Expenditures Cash on Hand
January 1 - May 9, 2010[9] May 7, 2010 $0.00 $1,305.18 $0.00 $0.00 $291.23 $1,013.95

Gop logo2.jpg Republican primary

Candidates

  • Incumbent Ben Ysursa ran unopposed in this contest

Finances

According to the Idaho Secretary of State's Office, as of May 10, 2010, here is the breakdown of Ysursa's campaign finances:

Ben Ysursa Campaign Finance Reports
Report Date Filed Beginning Balance Contributions In-Kind [4] Other Sources Expenditures Cash on Hand
January 1 - May 9, 2010[10] May 10, 2010 $39,873.15 $5,922.00 $0.00 $0.00 $5,614.73 $40,180.42
July 1 - December 31, 2009[11] January 8, 2010 $22,663.03 $23,480.58 $0.00 $0.00 $6,270.46 $39,873.15

External links

Idaho

References