Idaho elections, 2013
Idaho election information for 2013 is listed below.
|On the 2013 ballot|
Exceptions include special elections.
Find current election news and links here.
|Click here for all|
November 5, 2013
There were special elections for local ballot measures scheduled for the state of Idaho in 2013.
Local ballot measures
There were 31 measures on the ballot in this election on May 21, 2013.
- 22 property tax measures
- 3 school bond measures requesting $64.55 million
- 3 city bond measures requesting $40.7 million
- 1 county bond measure requesting $11.2 million
- The county bond measure is the fifth attempt to get voter approval for jail renovation and modernization funds in Jerome County.
For more information on the local ballot measures listed above, click here.
Voting in Idaho
- See also: Voting in Idaho
Important voting information
- Idaho uses a closed primary system, meaning voters must register with a party to be able to vote in their primary election.
- Registration must be completed 25 days prior to the election you wish to vote in.
- As of March 2015, Idaho is one of 30 states that have not implemented full online voter registration.
- See also: Absentee voting by state
For information about eligibility, deadlines, military and overseas voting and updates to the voting laws in Idaho, please visit our absentee voting by state page.
- See also: Early voting
Idaho is one of 34 states that has early voting with no specific requirements as to who can vote early. Early voting begins as soon as ballots become available and ends at 5:00 p.m. the Friday before Election Day.
Elections Performance Index
Idaho ranked 48th out of the 50 states and District of Columbia in the Pew Charitable Trusts' Elections Performance Index (EPI), based on the 2012 elections. The EPI examines election administration performance and assigns an average percentage score based on 17 indicators of election performance. These indicators were chosen in order to determine both the convenience and integrity of these three phases of an election: registration, voting and counting. Idaho received an overall score of 48 percent.
State of Idaho
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Lands | Director of Labor | Public Utilities Commission |