Incumbents defeated in 2011's state legislative elections
Historically, incumbents who run for re-election rarely lose in the primary. The following incumbents were defeated in the 2011 election.
The primary took place on October 22, 2011. No incumbents were defeated.
A total of eight incumbents were unseated during the primaries in Mississippi.
- Two Democratic incumbents were defeated
- Six Republican incumbents were defeated
- Doug Davis (R) Mississippi Parole Board
- Ezell Lee (R) District 47
- Harvey Fillingane (R) District 101
- Roger Ishee (R) District 118
- Sidney Albritton (R) District 40
- Tommy Moffatt (R) District 52
- Walter Robinson, Jr. (D) District 63
- Wilbert Jones (D) District 82
The general election took place on November 8, 2011. No incumbents were defeated.
No incumbents were defeated.
- Billy Chandler (Louisiana) (R) District 22
- Lydia Jackson (D) District 39
- Rick Nowlin (R) District 23
- Rickey Hardy (D) District 44
- Sam Little (R) District 14
- Brandon Jones (D) District 111
- Diane Peranich (D) District 121
- Dirk Dedeaux (D) District 93
- Eric Powell (D) District 4
- James Ellington (R) District 73
- Jimmy Puckett (D) District 20
- John Mayo (D) District 25
- Mark DuVall (D) District 19
- Robert Dearing (D) District 37
- Russ Nowell (R) District 43
- Sidney Bondurant (R) District 24
No incumbents were defeated in the general election on November 8, 2011
Incumbents who lost in 2010 Elections
The following table displays the number of incumbents in 2010 who lost in each state.
|State||Total in general election||Total in primary||Total in 2010|