For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Indiana down ballot state executive elections, 2012
One down ballot state executive position was up for election in the state of Indiana in 2012.
In Indiana, the two major parties conduct state conventions - rather than primary elections - to nominate candidates for superintendent of public instruction. The Republican Party state convention took place on June 9 and the Democratic Party state convention took place on June 16. The general election was held on November 6, 2012.
Incumbent Tony Bennett (R) lost his bid for re-election as Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction. He was first elected in 2008 and was serving in his first term. Bennett was nominated as the Republican candidate at the party's convention. The Democrats held their nominating convention one week later, with Carmel teacher Glenda Ritz emerging as her party's choice to run against Bennett in the general election.
November 6 General election candidates:
|Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Tony Bennett Incumbent||47.2%||1,190,716|
|Election Results via Indiana Secretary of State.|
|Feb 10||Candidate filing deadline for major parties|
|April 9||Voter registration ends|
|May 8||Primary election|
|May 22||Voter registration begins|
|June 9||Republican Party State Convention|
|June 16||Democratic Party State Convention|
|July 2||Candidate filing deadline for third parties|
|Oct 9||Voter registration ends|
|Nov 6||General election|
- Statewide elections, 2012
- State executive official elections, 2012
- Indiana state executive official elections, 2012
- Indiana Code, IC 3-8-4-1," accessed May 1, 2012
- NWI Times, "Indiana Republicans pass party torch to Pence," June 9, 2012
- The Reporter-Times, "Democrats energize party members at Indiana convention," June 17, 2012
- Indy Democrat, "Justin Oakley Drops Out of Superintendent of Public Instruction Race," June 2, 2012