Indiana elections, 2013
Indiana election information for 2013 is listed below.
|On the 2013 ballot|
Exceptions include special elections.
Find current election news and links here.
Voting in Indiana
- See also: Voting in Indiana
Important voting information
- Indiana uses an open primary system, meaning voters are not required to declare a party preference when registering to vote.
- Registration can be done online or by printing out a form. It must be completed 28 days prior to the election.
- As of November 2014, Indiana is one of the 15 states that have implemented online voter registration. Residents can register online at this website
- See also: Absentee voting by state
For information about eligibility, deadlines, military and overseas voting and updates to the voting laws in Indiana, please visit our absentee voting by state page.
- See also: Early voting
Indiana is one of 34 states that has early voting with no specific requirements as to who can vote early. Early voting begins 29 days before an election and ends on the day prior to election day. The average number of days prior to an election that voters can cast an early ballot is 21 days in states with a definitive starting date.
Elections Performance Index
Indiana ranked 36th out of the 50 states and District of Columbia in the Pew Charitable Trusts' Elections Performance Index (EPI), based on the 2012 elections. The EPI examines election administration performance and assigns an average percentage score based on 17 indicators of election performance. These indicators were chosen in order to determine both the convenience and integrity of these three phases of an election: registration, voting and counting. Indiana received an overall score of 60 percent.
State of Indiana
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | State Examiner | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utility Regulatory Commission |