|Nevada State Assembly, District 32|
|February 7, 2011 - present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$152/per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||6 terms (12 years)|
Hansen's professional experience includes founding Ira Hansen and Sons Plumbing and Heating, and working as the owner and manager of Ira Hansen and Sons Disaster Cleanup, talk show host, and columnist at the Sparks Tribune and Elko Daily Free Press.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hansen served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Labor|
|• Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Mining|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hansen served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Natural Resources, Agriculture and Mining|
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Nevada State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 10, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Ira Hansen ran unopposed in the Republican primary, while John Sampaga was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Louis Gabriel is running as a Libertarian candidate. Sampaga, Hansen and Gabriel will face off in the general election.
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2012
Hansen ran in the 2012 election for Nevada State Assembly, District 32. Hansen ran unopposed in the June 12 primary election and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2010
|Nevada House of Representatives, District 32 General election (2010)|
|Ira Hansen (R)||15,005|
|Jodi Stephens (R)||12,780|
Comprehensive donor information for Hansen is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Hansen raised a total of $132,493 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 26, 2013.
|Ira Hansen's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Nevada State Assembly, District 32||$75,324|
|2010||Nevada State Assembly, District 32||$57,169|
|Grand Total Raised||$132,493|
2012Hansen won re-election to the Nevada State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Hansen raised a total of $75,324.
|Nevada State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ira Hansen's campaign in 2012|
|Nevada Association Of Realtors||$5,000|
|Retail Association Of Nevada||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$75,324|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Hansen won election to the Nevada State Assembly in 2010. During that election cycle, Hansen raised a total of $57,169.
|Nevada State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ira Hansen's campaign in 2010|
|Debord, Curtis L.||$5,000|
|Scott Roofing LLC||$3,000|
|Reno Print Store||$2,753|
|Total Raised in 2010||$57,169|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Nevada Policy Research Institute
The Nevada Policy Research Institute, a Nevada-based conservative-libertarian think tank, releases a "Legislative Report Card" evaluating members of the Nevada State Legislature on "each lawmaker's voting record on legislation impacting the degree of economic freedom and education reform." Bills determined by the Institute to be of greater significance are weighted accordingly. According to the Institute, "a legislator with a score above 50 is considered to be an ally of economic liberty".
Hansen and his wife, Alexis, have eight children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ira + Hansen + Nevada + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Nevada State Assembly
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2014 filed candidates," accessed April 8, 2014
- Clark County, "Candidate filing," accessed April 8, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Nevada Primary Election 2014," accessed June 10, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Clark County, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Washoe County, "2012 General Election candidates," accessed May 5, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Official Results of the 2012 Primary Election," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Hansen, Ira," accessed June 26, 2013
- Nevada Policy Research Institute, "The 2011 Nevada Legislative Session Review & Report Card," accessed May 5, 2014
Don Gustavson (R)
|Nevada State Assembly District 32
| Succeeded by|