|Georgia State Senate District 23|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Powell's professional experience includes working as a Project Manager for TMS.
- Agriculture and Consumer Affairs Committee, Georgia State Senate
- Interstate Cooperation Committee, Georgia State Senate
- Natural Resources and the Environment Committee, Georgia State Senate
- Science and Technology Committee, Georgia State Senate
- State Institutions and Property Committee, Georgia State Senate
On November 4, 2008, Powell won re-election to the Georgia Senate from Georgia's 23rd Senate district. Powell received 34,864 votes in the election, defeating Napoleon Jenkins (R), who received 19,692 votes. Powell raised $44,650 for his campaign in 2008; Jenkins raised $34,717.
|Georgia Senate, District 23|
|J.B. Powell (D)||34,864||63.9%|
In 2008, Powell collected $44,650 in campaign contributions. The eight largest contributors to his campaign were as follows:
|Civil Justice PAC Inc. of the Georgia Trail||$2,300|
|Workplace Injury Network||$2,300|
|Warshaure Poe and Thornton PC||$2,000|
|Matthews and Steel Operating Account||$2,000|
|James E. Butler, Jr.||$2,000|
|Henry Speigel Milling LLP||$2,000|
Powell has a wife, Charanne.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term J.B. + Powell + Georgia + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Georgia State Legislature
- Georgia State Senate
- Georgia Senate Committees
- Georgia state legislative districts
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2004
|Georgia State Senate - District 23
| Succeeded by|