For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Georgia State Senate District 23|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Powell's professional experience includes working as a Project Manager for TMS.
- Agriculture and Consumer Affairs Committee, Georgia State Senate
- Interstate Cooperation Committee, Georgia State Senate
- Natural Resources and the Environment Committee, Georgia State Senate
- Science and Technology Committee, Georgia State Senate
- State Institutions and Property Committee, Georgia State Senate
On November 4, 2008, Powell won re-election to the Georgia Senate from Georgia's 23rd Senate district. Powell received 34,864 votes in the election, defeating Napoleon Jenkins (R), who received 19,692 votes. Powell raised $44,650 for his campaign in 2008; Jenkins raised $34,717.
|Georgia Senate, District 23|
|J.B. Powell (D)||34,864||63.9%|
In 2008, Powell collected $44,650 in campaign contributions. The eight largest contributors to his campaign were as follows:
|Civil Justice PAC Inc. of the Georgia Trail||$2,300|
|Workplace Injury Network||$2,300|
|Warshaure Poe and Thornton PC||$2,000|
|Matthews and Steel Operating Account||$2,000|
|James E. Butler, Jr.||$2,000|
|Henry Speigel Milling LLP||$2,000|
Powell has a wife, Charanne.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term J.B. + Powell + Georgia + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Georgia State Legislature
- Georgia State Senate
- Georgia Senate Committees
- Georgia state legislative districts
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2004
|Georgia State Senate - District 23
| Succeeded by|