Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Florida State Senate District 17|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|Florida House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||University of Florida (1981)|
|Date of birth||July 16, 1959|
Alexander earned his B.S. in Agriculture from the University of Florida in 1981. His professional experience includes working as a Citrus Grower.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Alexander was appointed to these committees:
- Budget Chair
- Rules Vice Chair
- Banking and Insurance
- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
- Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations
- Education Pre-K - 12
- Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections
- Joint Legislative Budget Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Alexander served on these committees:
- Banking and Insurance Committee, Florida State Senate
- Ethics and Elections Committee, Florida State Senate
- Rules Committee, Florida State Senate
On November 4, 2008, Alexander won re-election to the 17th District Seat in the Florida State Senate, defeating Scott K. Thompson (D). Alexander raised $694,763 for his campaign, while Thompson raised $68,098.
|Florida State Senate, District 17 (2008)|
|J.D. Alexander (R)||103,812||59.2%|
|Scott. K. Thompson (D)||71,621||40.8%|
Alexander raised $0 in campaign contributions in 2010, a year in which he was not up for election.
In 2008, Alexander collected $694,763 in campaign contributions. The five largest contributors to his campaign were as follows:
|Florida Republican Party||$209,452|
|Florida Home Builders Association||$3,000|
|Anesthesiology Leadership Council||$2,000|
Alexander and his wife, Cindy Monroe, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term J.D. + Alexander + Florida + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida State Legislature
- Florida State Senate
- Florida Senate Committees
- Florida state legislative districts
- Official Florida State Senate website of Senator J. D. Alexander
- J.D. Alexander for Senate
- Project Vote Smart J.D. Alexander candidate summary
- Project Vote Smart J.D. Alexander biography
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|Florida Senate, District 17
| Succeeded by|
John Legg (R)