For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Florida State Senate District 17|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|Florida House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||University of Florida (1981)|
|Date of birth||July 16, 1959|
Alexander earned his B.S. in Agriculture from the University of Florida in 1981. His professional experience includes working as a Citrus Grower.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Alexander was appointed to these committees:
- Budget Chair
- Rules Vice Chair
- Banking and Insurance
- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
- Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations
- Education Pre-K - 12
- Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections
- Joint Legislative Budget Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Alexander served on these committees:
- Banking and Insurance Committee, Florida State Senate
- Ethics and Elections Committee, Florida State Senate
- Rules Committee, Florida State Senate
On November 4, 2008, Alexander won re-election to the 17th District Seat in the Florida State Senate, defeating Scott K. Thompson (D). Alexander raised $694,763 for his campaign, while Thompson raised $68,098.
|Florida State Senate, District 17 (2008)|
|J.D. Alexander (R)||103,812||59.2%|
|Scott. K. Thompson (D)||71,621||40.8%|
Alexander raised $0 in campaign contributions in 2010, a year in which he was not up for election.
In 2008, Alexander collected $694,763 in campaign contributions. The five largest contributors to his campaign were as follows:
|Florida Republican Party||$209,452|
|Florida Home Builders Association||$3,000|
|Anesthesiology Leadership Council||$2,000|
Alexander and his wife, Cindy Monroe, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term J.D. + Alexander + Florida + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida State Legislature
- Florida State Senate
- Florida Senate Committees
- Florida state legislative districts
- Official Florida State Senate website of Senator J. D. Alexander
- J.D. Alexander for Senate
- Project Vote Smart J.D. Alexander candidate summary
- Project Vote Smart J.D. Alexander biography
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|Florida Senate, District 17
| Succeeded by|
John Legg (R)