J. Paul Brown
|J. Paul Brown|
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 59|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||Four consecutive terms|
|Colorado House of Representatives|
|January 12, 2011-2013|
|Bachelor's||New Mexico State University|
|Place of birth||Four Corners|
J. Paul Brown is a 2014 Republican candidate for District 59 of the Colorado House of Representatives. He held the same seat from 2011 to 2013.He was previously a member of the La Plata County Commission and the Ignacio School Board of Directors.
Brown earned his B.S. in Animal Science from New Mexico State University. He is employed as a rancher.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Brown served on these committees:
|Colorado Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Health, Insurance and Environment|
|• Transportation and Energy|
|• Agriculture, Livestock and Natural Resources|
Elections for the office of Colorado House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 31, 2014. Incumbent Michael McLachlan was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while J. Paul Brown was unopposed in the Republican primary. McLachlan will face Brown in the general election.
Brown ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Colorado House of Representatives District 59. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 26, 2012. He was defeated by Michael McLachlan (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 59, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||J. Paul Brown Incumbent||48.9%||20,715|
Siano ran in the 2010 election for Colorado House of Representatives District 59. Brown was uncontested in the August 10 Republican primary. He defeated Brian O'Donnell (D) in the November 2 general election.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 59 General election (2010)|
|J. Paul Brown (R)||16,574|
|Brian O'Donnell (D)||13,555|
In 2010, Brown raised $60,636 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Colorado Rural Electric Association||$2,525|
|Lincoln Club Of Colorado Small Donor Cmte||$2,000|
|The Caci Prosperity Fund||$1,000|
|Brown, J Paul||$1,000|
Brown and his wife Debbie have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term J. + Paul + Brown + Colorado + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado House of Representatives
- Colorado House of Representatives District 59
- Colorado House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Colorado State Legislature
- J. Paul Brown's campaign website
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed May 1, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed June 25, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed April 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
Ellen Roberts (R)
|Colorado House District 59
| Succeeded by|
Michael McLachlan (D)