J. Shawn Mitchell
|J. Shawn Mitchell|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia State Senate District 13|
|Service/branch||Virginia Army National Guard, Iraq|
|Years of service||1999-2004|
|Place of birth||Richlands, VA|
Mitchell joined the Virginia Army National Guard in 1999. He then studied Computer Science and Psychology at Virginia Polytechnic Institute. In 2001, he served in Bosnia as an Army Engineer. He was then deployed to Iraq in 2004. He is currently the President/CEO of Modern Mechanical.
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
Mitchell ran in the 2011 election for Virginia Senate District 13. He was uncontested in the August 23 primary and was defeated by Republican Richard Black in the November 8 general election.Cite error: Closing
</ref> missing for
|Virginia State Senate, District 13 General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||J. Shawn Mitchell||42.9%||15,613|
Mitchell's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Investing in our K-12 education and colleges & universities is vital to continued success in the Commonwealth. We’re very fortunate that Loudoun and Prince William counties have great public schools."
- Jobs & Economy
- Excerpt: ."..That’s why he believes we need to continue to grow our business community here in Northern Virginia by providing incentives to small and medium-sized businesses that
will create and maintain jobs in our community."
- Excerpt: "Our transportation crisis is a major force decreasing our quality of life here in the 13th District. We need to provide practical, yet innovative solutions like synchronized traffic lights and increased telecommuting;"
Mitchell and his wife, Ashley, have one child.
- Shawn Mitchell's campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Shawn Mitchell on Facebook
- Shawn Mitchell on Twitter