For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|New Jersey General Assembly District 16|
|2011 - Present|
|January 12, 2016|
|Years in position||4|
|Assistant Minority Whip|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Appointed||November 29, 2011|
|Bachelor's||Seton Hall University|
|Master's||Seton Hall University|
|Profession||Owner/Publisher, Galen Publishing, LLC|
Ciattarelli earned both his B.S. in Accounting and his M.B.A in Finance from Seton Hall University. His professional experience includes being the Owner/Publisher of Galen Publishing, LLC.
At the beginning of the 2014 legislative session, Ciattarelli served on the following committees:
|New Jersey Committee Assignments, 2014|
|• Financial Institutions and Insurance|
|• Regulated Professions|
Ciattarelli won re-election in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 16. Ciattarelli was bracketed with Donna Simon. He was unopposed in the June 4 Republican primary. He and incumbent Donna Simon (R) defeated Marie Corfield (D), Ida Ochoteco (D) and Patrick McKnight (L) in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
Ciattarelli won election to District 16 of the New Jersey General Assembly. Ciattarelli and Peter Biondi ran unoppposed in the Republican primary. They then defeated Marie Corfield (D) and Joe Camarota (D) in the November 8 general election.
District 16 was also significantly reshaped in 2011, moving its population center away from Somerset County. All of the Republican candidates (two incumbents and one challenger) are from the Somerset area. However, NJSpotlight noted that despite these changes and balanced partisan registration, the Democratic ticket was not very familiar to voters.
Comprehensive donor information for Ciattarelli is available dating back to 2011. Based on available campaign finance records, Ciattarelli raised a total of $19,014 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 16, 2013.
|Jack Ciattarelli's Campaign Contribution History|
|2011||New Jersey General Assembly, District 16||$19,014|
|Grand Total Raised||$19,014|
2011Ciattarelli won election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2011. During that election cycle, Ciattarelli raised a total of $19,014.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jack Ciattarelli's campaign in 2011|
|Election Fund of Alex De Croce||$5,000|
|New Jobs Business Pac of New Jersey||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$19,014|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the 216th New Jersey State Legislature will be in session from January 14 through January 1, 2016.
In 2012, the 215th New Jersey State Legislature, first annual session, was in session from January 10 to January 9, 2013. In 2013, the 215th New Jersey State Legislature, second annual session, was in session from January 10 to January 13, 2014.
- New Jersey Environmental Federation: Legislative Scorecard 2010-2013
- Legislators are scored on environment and conservation issues.
- Americans for Prosperity: Taxpayer Scorecard, 215th Legislative Session
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key fiscal legislation affecting the state's economy.
- New Jersey League of Conservation Voters: 2013 Legislative Environmental Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes concerning the protection of the environment.
- New Jersey Taxpayers Alliance: 2013 Taxpayer Legislative Scorecards
- The American Conservative Union: 2012 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
Ciattarelli and his wife have four children.
- NJSpotlight, "Candidates: Legislative District 16," November 3, 2011
- NJSpotlight, "Legislative District 16," October 12, 2011
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jack + Ciattarelli + New Jersey + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey General Assembly
- General Assembly Committees
- New Jersey State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- New Jersey state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the New Jersey General Assembly
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates (dead link)
- Campaign contributions: 2011
- nj.com Jack Ciattarelli to temporarily fill 16th District Assembly seat opened by Peter Biondi's death, November 25, 2011
- "Jack Ciattarelli, Campaign site," accessed May, 8 2013
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 General Assembly general election candidates," accessed April 10, 2014
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 9, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List," accessed April 10, 2014
- PolitickerNJ, "New Jersey Legislative Forecast," November 1, 2011
- NJ Spotlight, "Election 2011: Where the Republicans Can Pick Up Assembly Seats," April 12, 2011
- followthemoney.org, "Ciattarelli, Jack" accessed August 16, 2013
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of New Jersey Leaders," April 11, 2014(Archived)
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |