|Pennsylvania State Senate, District 24|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Hansen has served as a Lansdale Borough Councilman. He was first elected to that position in 2008.
Hansen's campaign website highlights the following issues:
Public Education Funding
- Excerpt: "Jack believes in fully funding public education by overturning the massive cuts approved by the Republican-controlled State Senate under Tom Corbett's leadership. Education is the key to sustainable growth in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the only way to ensure there are good jobs now and in the future."
- Excerpt: "Jack believes we should institute a fair tax on this industry and that we should hold the companies engaged in this industry accountable for the environmental damage they cause."
- Excerpt: "Tom Corbett and the current Republican-controlled State Senate think it's okay to deny health insurance and medical care to poor people simply because they are poor. Jack believes this is immoral and vows to support Medicaid expansion starting on his first day in the State Senate."
Jobs in Pennsylvania
- Excerpt: "Pennsylvania has to create incentives for businesses to relocate here. Tax incentives, energy incentives, and the best workforce in the world. When businesses see that we are willing to work with them to relocate here, and we can supply them with the necessary resources they need to be successful, they will come."
Women's Reproductive Rights
- Excerpt: "I am now and have always been a supporter of women's reproductive rights. This includes funding of family planning and prevention services, which can come from Pennsylvania’s accepting the federal government’s offer to reimburse Medicaid expansion, which I favor."
Elections for the office of Pennsylvania State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Bob Mensch was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Jack Hansen secured enough primary votes as a Democratic write-in candidate to appear on the general election ballot. Mensch will face Hansen in the general election.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 53|
|Robert Godshall (R)||12,832||65.3%|
|Jack Hansen (D)||6,356||32.3%|
|Edward Bonsell (G)||476||2.4%|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jack + Hansen + Pennsylvania + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania State Senate
- Pennsylvania State Legislature
- Pennsylvania State Senate elections, 2014
- Pennsylvania State Senate District 24
- Information submitted by the candidate to Ballotpedia via email on August 30, 2014
- Hansen for PA Senate, "On the Issues," accessed September 3, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official primary results for May 20, 2014," accessed July 9, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 Official Candidate Listing," accessed March 19, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2010 General Election Results," accessed May 2, 2014