Jack J. Woehr
|Jack J. Woehr|
|Former candidate for|
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 25|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Woehr's professional experience includes working as a computer programmer for 30 years and Contributing Editor for Dr. Dobb's, a software development blog and website, for 20 years.
Woehr's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Our fine R-1 school class sizes could be smaller."
- Drinking water
- Excerpt: "Our tap water could be free from uranium contamination from the abandoned Cotter mine."
- Excerpt: "Some fine-tuning of the laws resulting from cannabis legalization is needed."
- Excerpt: "My feeling is that the best way to fight fracking is to use less oil. Get a push mower. Ride a bike, not an ATV. Camp in a tent, not an RV. Sail, don't motorboat. Get a horse!"
- Climate change
- Excerpt: "'Global warming' is media buzz. 'Industrial civilization's effluents as an influence on climate change' is science. The former is misleading, as, for instance, melting icecaps on a warming planet can cause colder winters. 'Global warming' serves corporatist interests and their media boosters as a tool to deny established science. Educated voters will always vote with science, but be aware that government solutions to the crisis in climate change are often shell games arranged to conceal business as usual. Real change will come about when responsible individual citizens learn to use less energy."
Elections for the office of Colorado House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 31, 2014. Janet Doyle was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Jon Keyser was unopposed in the Republican primary. Keyser defeated Doyle and Jack J. Woehr (L) in the general election.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 25, General Election, 2014|
|Libertarian||Jack J. Woehr||4.6%||1,875|
Woehr ran in the 2012 election for Colorado House of Representatives District 25. He ran unopposed in the June 26, 2012, Libertarian primary. He was defeated by incumbent Cheri Gerou in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 25, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Cheri Gerou Incumbent||54.6%||25,835|
|Libertarian||Jack J. Woehr||5.2%||2,448|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jack + Woehr + Colorado + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado House of Representatives
- Colorado House of Representatives District 25
- Colorado House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Colorado State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on July 14, 2014
- Libertarian Joack Woehr, "Home," accessed July 27, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed May 1, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 25, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 23, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 5, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed April 14, 2014