Washington State Senate, District 33
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2010
Jack Michalek ran the Washington State Senate District 33. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 17, 2010. He was defeated by Karen Keiser (D) in the November 2, 2010 General Election.
|Washington State Senate, District 33 Primary (2010)|
|Karen Keiser (D)||11,107||57.77%|
|Jack Michalek (R)||8,120||42.23%|
The Washington Republican website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Creating Jobs, Getting the Economy Back on Track
- Excerpt: "Republicans will kickstart the economy by providing relief to small businesses and opposing job-killing tax increases."
- Washington Budget Blues
- Excerpt: "Democrats have refused to reform state government to put us on a path to long-term financial stability without further tax increases."
- Higher Taxes, Gutting the Will of the People
- Excerpt: "Senate Democrats approved a $900 million tax package in 2010 that will hit small businesses and families with higher sales and B&O taxes."
- Cutting Public Education, Raising Class Sizes
- Excerpt: "Democrats voted to suspend voter-approved initiatives for class sizes and teacher retention and pay. This means fewer teachers and larger class sizes. The Democrats cut $1.5 billion in funding for education, including $800 from our K-12 public schools. "
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- List of all Washington legislative candidates who have filed
- Senate Republican Campaign Committee
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found