|U.S. House, Missouri, District 8|
Jack Rushin was a 2012 Democratic candidate who sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 8th Congressional District of Missouri. Rushin ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 7, 2012.
After graduating High School and acquiring pre-requisite education from Southeast Missouri State University Jack applied and was accepted to Life College of Chiropractic in Marietta, Georgia. Dr. Rushin graduated cum laude from Life College of Chiropractic in December of 1980. Dr. Rushin practiced in Puxico, MO before moving his practice to Poplar Bluff in 1988.
Rushin was a potential candidate for the Missouri Democratic party for the 2013 special election for the U.S. House, representing Missouri's 8th District. The election was held to replace Jo Ann Emerson. The general election took place on June 4, 2012.
There was no primary election, instead each party's nomination was selected by a committee. Rushin was one of five Democratic candidates who reportedly reached out to the committee in order to make a case for the party's nomination. Steve Hodges received the nomination of the committee on February 16, 2013.
Rushin was defeated by incumbent Jo Ann Emerson. Rushin ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Missouri's 8th District. He would have faced Todd Mahn in the Democratic primary, except Mahn withdrew from the race prior to the primary. Rushin ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. He faced incumbent Jo Ann Emerson (R) and Rick Vandeven (L) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Missouri District 8 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jo Ann Emerson Incumbent||71.9%||216,083|
|Source: Missouri Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, Missouri District 8, 2012 - Jack Rushin Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,516,761|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,438,336|
|Top contributors to Jack Rushin's campaign committee|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Crop Production & Basic Processing||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jack + Rushin + Missouri + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Missouri's 8th Congressional District
- Missouri's 8th Congressional District elections, 2012
- United States House of Representatives
- The Daily Dunklin, "Democrat Hodges says he's in for 8th District," February 14, 2013
- Rushin Chiropractic Center, "Meet Dr. Rushin" April 6, 2012
- Washington Post, "Republicans nominate Jason Smith for Missouri special election," February 9, 2013
- Southeast Missourian, "Hodges tapped as Democratic nominee in 8th District," February 17, 2013
- Politico, "2012 Election Map, Missouri"
- Open Secrets, "Jack Rushin 2012 Election Cycle," accessed February 13, 2013