Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Oregon House of Representatives District 20|
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
Jackie Pierce was a 2012 Democratic candidate for District 20 of the Oregon House of Representatives.
Pierce's 2010 campaign website listed five key principles:
- 1. I believe that a strong and vibrant labor force was a backbone of America, and I will work tirelessly to achieve that.
- 2. I believe that we need to find dependable and consistent funding for our educational system so the young people in Oregon can compete in the world market.
- 3. I believe that all the people of Oregon have the right to make choices: Reproductive Choices, The right to Choose who to love, marry and raise a family with, and the right to make choices related to Death and Dying issues.
- 4. I believe that everyone is responsible for taking care of our environment. Without clean air, water and land we will not survive.
- 5. I believe that ALL PEOPLE should be treated with DIGNITY and RESPECT.
- See also: Oregon House of Representatives elections, 2012
Pierce ran for election in the 2012 election for Oregon House District 20. She was chosen to replace Kathy Graham on the ballot after Graham withdrew due to illness. Pierce was defeated by incumbent Vicki Berger (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 20, General Election, 2012
||Vicki Berger Incumbent
|| Jackie Pierce
- See also: Oregon State Senate elections, 2010
Pierce was a Democratic candidate for District 10 of the Oregon State Senate. The primary election was on May 18, 2010 and the general election was on November 2, 2010.
After Democratic nominee William Dalton withdrew from the race in July, the local Democratic precinct committees selected Pierce to replace him.
She was defeated by Republican incumbent Jackie Winters in the November 2 general election.
- ↑ Statesman Journal, "Jackie Pierce to run against Vicki Berger in Oregon House District 20," August 22, 2012
- ↑ Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the House," accessed April 11, 2012
- ↑ "Jackie Pierce selected as Democratic nominee in SD 10" July 30, 2010 Democratic press release announcing Jackie Pierce's selection as the Senate District 10 Democratic candidate
- ↑ Oregon Live Election, "2010 General Election Results," accessed May 15, 2014