Jackson Parish is one of 64 parishes in Louisiana. A parish, in Louisiana, is the equivalent of a county in other states. In 2000, its population was 15,397. The parish seat is Jonesboro. Jackson Parish is part of the Ruston Micropolitan Statistical Area.
- See also: Evaluation of Louisiana parish websites
- The budget is available in PDF format.
- There is a complete listing of police jurors, including contact information (and, in most cases, e-mail addresses).
- A complete listing of administrative staff is also available, complete with e-mail addresses.
- Meeting minutes are available, dating from 2003 to present.
- No information is provided about how parish residents can request access to public documents of the parish under Louisiana's sunshine laws.
- No information in included regarding parish contracts, audits, lobbying and taxes.
- The website does not have a search function.
- ↑ 
- ↑ Police Jurors
- ↑ Administrative Staff
- ↑ Police Jury Meeting Minutes