|U.S. Senate, Colorado|
|Bachelor's||North Carolina State University, 1991|
|J.D.||Trinity School of Law, 2007|
Jaime McMillan was a 2014 Republican candidate who sought election to the U.S. Senate from Colorado. He previously was an Independent candidate who sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 3rd Congressional District of Colorado in 2012.
McMillan stated the following in a biographical submission to Ballotpedia:
"We must begin a new way of thinking about our politics in America. For too long we have been forced to choose sides. There continues to be divergence in views to the bring of bringing about a cultural war in America that is most unhealthy. We are better united than divided as people of this nation, yet State legislatures across American continue to limit civil liberties for women and wages, minorities and voting, and voting against affordable health care and health care exchanges to lower premiums and provide insurance for all Americans. We are a loving people with self-respect and partisanship in Washington and in Colorado has focused on self preservation instead of representation of the people. However, we can focus on the possibilities of our future and leave behind the limitations of the past. But we must act to end partisanship and ideology in our political process for the people want their government back and now willing to think independently and without relying on political parties or ideology. We need to take back our democratic process and inform the people that they have the only true access to power."
McMillan ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Colorado's 3rd District. He ran as an Independent candidate. He was defeated by incumbent Scott Tipton (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Colorado District 3 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Scott Tipton Incumbent||53.4%||185,291|
|Source: Colorado Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|Jaime McMillan (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 17, 2013||$5,000.00||$0.00||$(250.00)||$4,750.00|
|July Quarterly||July 26, 2013||$4,750.00||$10,750.00||$(12,191.64)||$3,308.36|
|October Quarterly||October 18, 2013||$3,308.36||$0.00||$(1,417.00)||$1,891.36|
|Year-End||February 3, 2014||$1,891||$3,260||$(3,950)||$1,201|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jaime + McMillan + Colorado + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States Senate
- United States Senate elections in Colorado, 2014
- Colorado's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2012
- Colorado's 3rd Congressional District
- Bio submission to Ballotpedia
- Colorado Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Unofficial Candidate List," accessed April 17, 2014
- Associated Press, "Unofficial election results," June 26, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Jaime McMillan April Quarterly," accessed July 28, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Jaime McMillan July Quarterly," accessed October 28, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Jaime McMillan October Quarterly," accessed October 28, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Jaime McMillan Year-End," accessed February 14, 2014