|Idaho State Senate District 5|
|2006 - Present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Mayor, City of Post Falls|
|1991 - 1996|
|Councilmember, City of Post Falls|
|1982 - 1991|
|Bachelor's||Carroll College (1973)|
|Master's||Whitworth College (1977)|
|Date of birth||June 18, 1950|
|Place of birth||Missoula, Montana|
|Profession||Consultant, Hammond and Associates|
Hammond graduated with his Bachelor's Degree in Education from Carroll College in 1973 and with his Master's in Educational Administration from Whitworth College in 1977.
Hammond is currently a Consultant for Hammond and Associates since 1996 and is the City Administrator for the City of Post Falls. Hammond served as a principal in two Idaho school districts from 1977 to 1996. Hammond began his professional career as a teacher in Idaho's public schools from 1973 to 1977.
Hammond began his political career as a council member for the City of Post Falls from 1982 to 1991. Hammond was elected Mayor of Post Falls in 1991 serving as the city's leader until 1996.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hammond served on these committees:
- Agricultural Affairs
- Judiciary and Rules
- Local Government and Taxation
- Transportation Chair
- Joint Legislative Oversight
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hammond served on these committees:
- Finance Committee.
- Joint Finance-Appropriations.
- Health and Welfare
- Joint Legislative Oversight
- Transportation Vice Chair
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2012
Hammond did not run for re-election in 2012.
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2010
| Idaho State Senate, District 5 |
2010 General election results
|James Hammond (R)||11,739||100.0%|
|Idaho State Senate, District 5 (2008)|
|James Hammond (R)||16,301|
In 2010, Hammond received $40,436 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Idaho State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to James Hammond's campaign in 2010|
|Idaho Telecom Alliance||$1,500|
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$1,500|
|Coeur D Alene Tribe||$1,500|
|Idaho Medical Association||$1,350|
|Total Raised in 2010||$40,436|
In 2008, Hammond collected $20,464 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Idaho Power Co.||$1,000|
|Coeur D Alene||$1,000|
|Idaho Trucking Association||$750|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term James + Hammond + Idaho + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
James is married to Cyndie Hammond. They have three children and live in Post Falls, Idaho.
- Official Idaho Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Idaho Senate, Members of Idaho senate standing committees
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed April 16, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Idaho Senate official election results for 2008," November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2010 candidate contributions," accessed April 16, 2014
- Hammond Campaign Donors
|Idaho State Senate District 5
| Succeeded by|
Dan Schmidt (D)