Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 148|
|1999 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||15|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Canisus College, 1986|
|Profession||Fundraising, Marketing Consultant|
Hayes is a fundraising marketing consultant. His other professional experiences include director of development for Catholic Charities of Buffalo; campaign finance director and legislative assistant for former US Representative Bill Paxon; alumni relations director and admissions counselor for Canisius College.
Hayes earned a B.A. in political science from Canisus College. He and his wife, Renee, have three children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hayes was appointed to the following committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hayes served on the following committees:
|New York State Assembly, District 148 2010|
|James Hayes (R)||29,264|
|Gregory Vinal (D)||13,886|
On November 4, 2008, Hayes won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 148, defeating opponents Jerome Schad (D) and Paul Brown (WF).
Hayes raised $275,236 for his campaign while Schad raised $11,238 and Brown raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 148 2008|
|James Hayes (R)||33,787|
|Jerome Schad (D)||20,680|
In 2010, Hayes received $195,694 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to James Hayes's campaign in 2010|
|New York State United Teachers||$3,800|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$3,800|
|Yurtchuk, John R||$3,500|
|Dobmeier Janitor Supply Inc||$3,400|
|Total Raised in 2010||$195,694|
- New York Assembly - Rep. James Hayes
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Buffalo YNN, "Assemblyman Jim Hayes resigns, effective September 6th," August 22, 2011
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Hayes
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "Official Primary results from September 14, 2010," accessed July 31, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Report on 2008 Campaign donations in New York," accessed August 1, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
|New York Assembly - District 148
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |