|Nevada State Assembly, District 35|
|February 4, 2013 - present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||6 terms (12 years)|
|Birthday||July 25, 1973|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Healey served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Labor|
|• Government Affairs|
|• Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Mining|
Healey's website highlighted campaign themes including economic diversification, public works, Common Core standards for schools, veterans' affairs, quality of life for seniors, and "laws to protect home buyers from ever being faced with [foreclosure]...."
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Nevada State Assembly will consist of a primary election on June 10, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent James Healey will face Charles Clark, Jr. in the Democratic primary, while Mike Bajorek will face Brent Jones in the Republican primary.
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2012
Healey ran in the 2012 election for Nevada State Assembly, District 35. Healey defeated Nathan Sosa in the June 12 primary election and defeated Tom Blanchard (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Nevada State Assembly, District 35, General Election, 2012|
|Nevada State Assembly, District 35 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|James W. Healey||56.2%||528|
Comprehensive donor information for Healey is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Healey raised a total of $135,098 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 26, 2013.
|James Healey's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Nevada State Assembly, District 35||$135,098|
|Grand Total Raised||$135,098|
2012Healey won election to the Nevada State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Healey raised a total of $135,098.
|Nevada State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to James Healey's campaign in 2012|
|Committee To Elect Marcus Conklin||$6,000|
|Barbara Buckley Campaign||$5,000|
|Nevada State Education Association||$4,500|
|Southwest LGBT Media, Inc.||$4,000|
|Friends Of Marilyn Kirkpatrick||$3,900|
|Total Raised in 2012||$135,098|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "James + Healey + Nevada + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Nevada State Assembly
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- Committee to Elect James Healey, "Issues," retrieved October 23, 2012
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2014 filed candidates," accessed April 8, 2014
- Clark County, "Candidate filing," accessed April 8, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- Clark County - 2012 Primary Candidates
- Washoe County - 2012 Primary candidates
- Nevada Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Follow the Money, "Healey, James." Retrieved June 26, 2013
Peter Goicoechea (R)
|Nevada State Assembly District 35
| Succeeded by|