Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 16B|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. James Kanne was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Paul Torkelson was unopposed in the Republican primary. Torkelson defeated Kanne in the general election.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 16B General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Paul Torkelson Incumbent||64.9%||9,053|
Kanne ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 16B. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and was defeated by incumbent Paul Torkelson (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 16B, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Paul Torkelson Incumbent||56.2%||11,243|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "James + Kanne + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Minnesota House of Representatives
- Minnesota House of Representatives District 16B
- Minnesota House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Minnesota State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 1, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 general election results," accessed November 5, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |