|Wyoming House of Representatives District 7|
|Bachelor's||Texas Christian University (1976)|
|Master's||Basic Science, University of Colorado (1988)|
|M.D.||DDS, Baylor College of Dentistry (1979)|
|Service/branch||U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force|
|Years of service||1979 - 2004|
|Profession||Dentist, Air Force Colonel, Professor|
was a 2012 Republican
candidate for District 7
of the Wyoming House of Representatives
Kretzschmar's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Diversification of Economy
- Excerpt: "Wyoming’s economy is heavily energy based with the extraction of oil, gas, and coal. ...Continued efforts to attract businesses such as computer data centers and research centers will help bring technology related jobs into the state, thereby reducing the effects of downturns in the energy economy."
- Department of Transportation
- Excerpt: "Long term planning is essential when managing large dollar projects in WYDOT. Currently there is a $135 Million/year budget shortfall and WYDOT is unable to plan beyond the “pavement preservation” mode because of lack of steady funding. It is time to make decisions on ways to generate a steady stream of funding … it is an investment in the future."
- Excerpt: "The budget in the Department of Health has grown in ten years from $80 Million/year to over $560 Million/year. It is time to take a serious look as to where the dollars are being spent."
- Excerpt: "The pipeline of students into the workforce needs to be strong and sustainable. ...an increased emphasis on school programs in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) is needed."
- See also: Wyoming House of Representatives elections, 2012
Kretzschmar ran in the 2012 election for the Wyoming House of Representatives District 7. He was defeated by Sue Wilson in the Republican primary on August 21, 2012.
|Wyoming House of Representatives, District 7 Republican Primary, 2012
| James Kretzschmar
Kretzschmar is married and is an Amateur Radio Operator.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "James + Kretzschmar + Wyoming + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
James Kretzschmar News Feed