James M. Owen
|James M. Owen|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Missouri 30th Judicial Circuit Court|
|Title:||Former associate judge|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Jay Nixon|
|Preceded by:||Donald Cheever|
|Succeeded by:||David T. Tunnell|
|Past post:||Attorney in private practice|
|Law School:||University of Kansas|
|Candidate for:||30th Judicial Circuit Court|
|Position:||Associate Judge, Division 2|
|Election information 2014:|
He was defeated in the 2014 election and stepped down from the court at the end of his term.
Before he became a judge, Owen was an attorney with Hosmer King and Royce LLC.
Awards and associations
- 2010-2012: Chairman, Springfield/Greene County Environmental Advisory Board
- 2007-2012: Board member, Springfield/Greene County Environmental Advisory Board
- Former president, HOLA SERTOMA
- Board member, National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI) of Southwest Missouri
Owen ran in the 2012 election for Missouri House of Representatives, District 134. Owen ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by Elijah Haahr (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 134, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "James + Owen + Missouri + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Webster County, Missouri, "Judicial Circuit 30"
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Unofficial Candidate Filing List: Primary"
- Office of Missouri Governor Jay Nixon, "Gov. Nixon appoints new associate circuit judge for Webster County," January 15, 2014
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Nov 6, 2012 General Election - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Aug 7, 2012 Primary - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014