Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Idaho State Senate District 20|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||1993 - 1996|
|Birthday||May 14, 975|
|Place of birth||Edmonds, WA|
|Profession||Author, business owner|
Mace's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Ethics and Accountability
- Excerpt: "It is troubling that the company, K12, which is providing much of the online support for the online school curriculum, is not required to give any account of how Idaho taxpayer dollars are being spent. In the interest of transparency, and to assure proper accountability, any private company that receives money from the State needs to be show how it is being spent in order to prevent fraud, waste, and abuse."
- Excerpt: "Make no mistake, technology is extremely important; however, a computer cannot replace a teacher. Every student's needs are different, as all have different levels of aptitude. This requires tremendous effort on the part of our teachers to find what methods work best for students struggling, as well as finding those who excel and need to be placed into advanced classes."
- Jobs Creation
- Excerpt: "The most paramount issue on most people's minds is whether or not they can find a job, or even be allowed to keep the one they are in. Foreign outsourcing of labor has contributed to high unemployment, with thousands of skilled workers unable to find jobs."
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2012
Mace ran for election in the 2012 election for Idaho State Senate District 20. Mace mounted a successful write-in campaign for the Democratic nomination, earning 124 votes, and was defeated by District 14 incumbent Chuck Winder (R) in the November 6 general election.
|Idaho State Senate, District 20, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Chuck Winder Incumbent||68.4%||12,303|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "James + Mace + Idaho + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.