Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Governor of North Carolina|
On his campaign website, Mahan asks for "help in achieving the following," reiterating after each point that "there is no compromise:"
- Prayer will be returned to every public school.
- Employment will be full after 185 days in office.
- Health will be rewarded. The state will be challenged to lose un-needed wieght and to eat more healthy diets. Those meeting the criteria will receive a Governor's Gold Medal.
- Real Estate will be turned around by the "Buy a House Campaign." The Governor will partner with the Real Estate industry.
- The Building Industry will turn around in one year with the "Start Building Campaign." The Governor will partner with the building industry.
- Banks and Lenders will agree all acceptable loans need to be funded within 30 days. Those lenders that do not achieve these standards will be put on a slow performance scale.
- Teachers and Educators will be encouraged to use creative teaching methods. The useless and overused teacher observations will be phased out. Our teacher pay will also lead the nation within 33 months.
- Zahra's Love will become a monthly telecasted program into each school. It will be motivating, inspiring, and a challenge for our kids to make the right decisions. It will be student driven and in memory of the late Zahra Baker.
- Gold Medal Students will be given a private number to contact the Governor directly. Students facing difficult problems will be encouraged to call the Governor. Other strong leaders across the State will be encouraged to do the same thing.
- Crime will not be tolerated. One murder is too many. These nine previous steps are to help design and develop our society so that we can become people who make the right choices in life.