James Martin, Alabama Representative
|Alabama House of Representatives District 42|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Martin serves as coroner for Chilton County, a position he has held since 1969. He is also co-Owner of Martin Funeral Home Incorporated.
Martin is a member of the Alabama Funeral Directors' Association, Chilton County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, First Baptist Church, and the Clanton Country Club.
Martin did not provide answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Martin formerly served on the following committees:
- Banking and Insurance Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Constitution and Elections Committee, Alabama House of Representatives (Chair)
- Shelby County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Campaign Finance (Vice Chair)
- Subcommittee on Financial Services
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 42 General Election (2010)|
|Kurt Wallace (R)||9,382|
|James Martin (D)||5,452|
Martin raised $142,262 for his campaign, while Caton raised $35,223.
|Alabama State House, District 42 (2006)|
|James Martin (D)||7,950|
|Allen Caton (R)||5,061|
In 2006, Martin collected $142,262 in donations.
Below are Martin's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|Seth Hammett Campaign||$24,500|
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|Business Council of Alabama||$7,500|
|Environmental Campaign Fund||$5,000|
|AL State Employees Assoc||$4,728|
- Alabama Legislature - James Martin
- Project Vote Smart - James Martin
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Martin
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Martin Issue Positions
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
|Alabama House District 42
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|