|Tennessee House Of Representatives District 81|
|Speaker of the House, Tennessee State House|
|Majority Leader, Tennessee State House|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||University of Tennessee, Knoxville|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Birthday||June 16, 1939|
|Place of birth||Tipton County, TN|
Naifeh served in the United State Army as a First Lieutenant. He is a businessman and earned his B.S. from the University of Tennessee - Knoxville.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Naifeh served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Naifeh served on these committees:
- Subcommittee on Industrial Impact
- Subcommittee on Budget
Naifeh announced in March 2012 that he would not seek re-election.
Naifeh raised $176,450 for his campaign while Bricco raised $5,033.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 81 (2008)|
|Jimmy Naifeh (D)||14,922|
|Rory Bricco (R)||7,055|
In 2010, Naifeh received $95,372 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to James Naifeh's campaign in 2010|
|Tennessee Education Association||$4,500|
|Steamfitters Local 614||$2,500|
|Tennessee Bankers Association||$2,250|
|Total Raised in 2010||$95,372|
Naifeh raised $176,450 in the 2008 election cycle.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Tennessee Association of Realtors||$7,500|
|Tennessee Healthcare Association||$6,000|
Naifeh and his wife, Betty, have three children.
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Tennessee Votes profile
- Tiptop County 5 "Naifeh to retire from Tenn. state legislature," March 8, 2012
- Nashville Tennessean, "Jimmy Naifeh, former TN House speaker, to end storied career," March 9, 2012
- Unofficial Democratic state representative primary results from the TN Secretary of State, 2010
- Official House Election Results, 2010
- Election Results, Tennessee House of Representatives, District 81
- District 81 Tennessee House Spending, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Tennessee House donor numbers
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 81
| Succeeded by|
Debra Moody (R)
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |